Are we talking contracts again?
Yes. Yes we are.
You know why?
Because contracts are IMPORTANT. They protect you, and they protect your client. They lay out expectations in black and white so there's no confusion later.
But, like everything else in the world of influencer marketing, the contracts used for sponsored content are evolving to reflect the changes happening in this space. Thanks to clarifications and consequences relating to FTC disclosures, as well as GDPR regulations, general concerns about data and privacy, and other factors, there's a lot of attention being paid to authenticity, transparency and legality.
As it should be.
Based on the changes we've seen in our clients' sponsored content contracts through Hashtag Legal, and the questions we've heard asked by influencers, we decided it was time to touch on this topic again.
Listen in on this episode of the Businessese Influencer Marketing Podcast to learn about:
- exclusivity: what may be asked for and what that entails
- intellectual property rights: who retains what, and why
- deletion: whether you can take down a sponsored post once your campaign ends
- disclosures: of sponsored content and client relationships
- how GDPR fits in, and another recent addition we're seeing
- plus why you might want to reconsider those comment pods and Facebook support groups.
Remember, negotiation works both ways! Sponsored content contracts can often be an ideal resolution for both parties— but you'll never know unless you ask.
More questions about contracts? Hit us up over in our private Facebook group, Businessese HQ.
You can also refer back to these discussions:
- Essential Elements of Influencer Marketing Contracts
- Five Must-Haves in Your Sponsored Content Contract
- How to Negotiate Exclusivity in Blogger Contracts
- The GDPR and U.S. Based Businesses
- The Tech Side of GDPR Implementation
- Electronic Signature Services for Online Business Contracts
- Get Your PRICE™: our course for maximizing your sponsored content income
Never Miss an Update!
Get all of our latest tips and tricks delivered to your inbox FREE.