A whole lot of small business success starts with personal development. In recent episodes of the Businessese Influencer Marketing Podcast, we've talked about fixing your entrepreneurial mindset, joining a mastermind group, and improving productivity to pave the way towards exponential growth within your business.
The next logical (and exciting!) step was to discuss hiring and growing your team so you can handle all that growth, and pay attention on the big picture next steps that can catapult your business to the next level.
Once you've pinpointed the people who are the perfect fit for your team, however, there are some essential, cut and dry, don't-skip, can't-be-said-enough actions you need to take to protect you and your business.
If you're currently working with independent contractors, thinking about hiring, or even working as an independent contractor yourself, you'll want to fire this podcast episode up and learn:
- the difference between an employee and contractor
- what the IRS considers when determining if someone is an employee or contractor
- examples of independent contractors that you will encounter as an online business owner
- why you always need an independent contractor agreement regardless of what the contractor is doing
- and some of the most important terms in this kind of contract.
Lingering questions? Join us over in our private Facebook group. We call it Businessese HQ.
More on working with contractors:
DIY template for your independent contractor agreement
Delegate Like a Boss: Tips for Easier Outsourcing
Independent Contractor or Employee? A Guide for Online Business Owners
Five Must-Have Terms for Your Independent Contractor Agreement
Never Miss an Update!
Get all of our latest tips and tricks delivered to your inbox FREE.