You've decided to launch your own business. You're nervous but excited. You land your first client! And then another, and another.
It's fantastic, of course. But you start to feel like your time is not your own. You're burning out. You're busy, but not productive. You're not growing in the way that you'd like, and you don't know how to find the hours to do what you need to do for your business— not just your clients'.
This is exactly where we all get derailed:
this is where we confuse URGENT with IMPORTANT.
It's a self-inflicted trap that service-based business owners fall into time and again, and the way they navigate through it can make all the difference. That's why this week, we've asked Brittany Becher and Maggie Patterson to talk with us about goal setting and productivity to help entrepreneurs retain their sanity— while turning a profit.
Brit and Maggie are the creators of Small Business Boss, which is designed to help service-based business owners navigate the finer points of growing a business with practicality and a profitable plan. They also run the digital marketing agency Scoop Studios, and are first and foremost service business owners: they don't just teach, they actually test and live everything they share with you. Between the two of them, they have over 25 years of experience in client services roles and are the co-hosts of the Small Business Boss Podcast.
Every small business owner is going to want to tune in to this episode of the Businessese Influencer Marketing Podcast to learn about:
- why it is that entrepreneurs struggle with goal setting— and why they need to flip their mindset for success
- the Supercharged Success framework for discussing and creating goals
- the importance of carving time out for your goals while prioritizing client needs
- how to hold your boundaries and keep a handle on your schedule when outside factors try to derail them
- Brit and Maggie's new, super actionable workshop that helps to you manage your time and be more productive
You'll also hear Brit and Maggie walk us through plotting out one of our 2018 goals, step by step (hint: our word for 2018 is OUTSOURCE).
Give it a listen and get ready to make 2018 a year to remember!
What's your goal for the year to come? Let us know (and share your best goal setting and productivity tips!) in Businessese HQ, our private Facebook community.